Facilitates Durable, Autologous Closure of Complex Wounds
- Provides epidermis and dermis to the wound bed
- Offers a solution for high-risk patients
Minimizes Size of Donor Site
- Can greatly expand the coverage-to-donor-site ratio
- Reduces size of painful donor site
Can Be Utilized Outside the OR
- Requires only local anesthetic
- Provides an additional option for complex wound management
APPROPRIATE FOR A RANGE OF COMPLEX WOUNDS
WHY SHOULD YOU USE XPANSION?
The Xpansion micro-autografting kit allows clinicians to greatly expand the coverage-to-donor-site ratio of autografts, minimizing the size of the patient’s painful donor site while still facilitating durable, autologous closure. The procedure can be performed outside the OR.
The Xpansion device utilizes Meek’s theory of expansion to maximize autologous donor tissue.
Each piece of skin will allow epidermis to migrate from its edges in all directions. By creating micro- autograft squares, migration can occur in multiples allowing greater and greater expansion of a given size of skin graft.